Thursday, June 12, 2008

Outdoors


This child is a nature lover through-and-through. We took a trip to the bike path by the river today, where I parked Lainey in the stroller by a swarm of geese (ok ok, I KNOW they aren't called swarms - but if you had seen how many there were, you would have found swarm to be an accurate representation). She was absolutely enthralled. She stared at them until her eyes couldn't possibly get any bigger. 'What ARE these strange things?' I could almost hear her thinking, as if they were some alien life form sent here to steal all of our hunks of moldy bread. What I expected to be a 5 minute break turned into 45 minutes of us sitting, bonding, talking, laughing....who knew she was such an outdoorsy kind of gal?

I look forward to a whole summer of outings, BBQs, parks, and hikes with my newest partner-in-crime!

No comments: