Like most of my great ideas, this one didn't go exactly as planned. I DID wrap up the bib, and the test, in a cute little box with a cute little bow. I did not, however, anticipate the huge grin I had on my face as I sat there that night watching TV. My husband probably thought I had eaten some hallucinogenic beans or something, and finally asked what my problem was. Of course, I had to whip out the little box that I had done such a good job of keeping to myself for all of the half-an-hour I had been home.
I told him it was a Father's Day gift, to which he replied "I'm not your father." Thank you captain obvious! I asked him to open it anyway, which he did very....very....sloooowly. But the look on his face once the gift had registered with him was priceless!
And so, the next day, we celebrated the first of many Father's Days. And tomorrow, we celebrate again - except this time, our beautiful little girl can join in the fun!

1 comment:
Awww that made me tear up! So sweet! I told my dh at around 6 am and he gave me a high five and fell back asleep! LOL I like your reaction better.
Post a Comment