Friday, January 12, 2007

You're In MY World Now

I just got this new place today, and the walls are a little bare. I've been thinking about hanging posters, but I don't know how to tack them to the computer screen. This idea of my own personal bulletin board in cyberworld intrigues me - not necessarily because I give two farts if other people like what I have to say, but because I know that they'll read it anyway. That is, after all, the blogger way of life. Have no fear though, I come to free you from your life of weary words and boring blogs. You have entered my world now.

To start with, I live in a "big city" surrounded, essentially, by an even bigger corn field. This means that if you aren't into Nascar and you don't have the knack for cow-tipping, you darn well better have a good imagination. Having hippie artists for parents, our household was never short on imagination. Sure, I had some real friends, but the ones I made up could hold much more enlightening conversations. I listened to them all the way up until high school, when I discovered creative writing. When I wrote things down on paper, people would actually READ them instead of slipping anti-hallucinogenic drugs into my soda. What a great feeling that was!
So now here I am, a few college English classes under my belt and I feel ready to take on this blog. I hope you enjoy this, and if you don't - too bad, I'm going to write anyway.

No comments: